Waste heat recovery
Features of the high pressure steam boilers:
- tubesheet cooling to prevent nitriding;
- channels in contact solely with the cooled synthesis gas leaving the boiler;
- freely-movable U-tube design of the bundle;
- internal bore welding, the heat exchanger tubes are joined to the tubesheet by means of full-penetration welds;
- steam/boiler water separation in the upper part of the waste heat boiler.
The design of high pressure synthesis loop boilers is a long-standing tradition at thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions, dating back to 1969 when equipment of this type was pioneered.
Advantages of high pressure steam boilers:
- all components fabricated from hydrogen-resistant, easy-to-handle, low-alloy materials;
- elimination of stress corrosion cracking and crevice corrosion;
- low thermal stress;
- integrated boiler feed water preheating;
- tube-to-tubesheet welds all subjected to non-destructive tests.