thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions (tkIS) supports the customer in the supply chain management of spare parts, offering activities that include the analysis and improvement of inventories and the optimization of spare parts procurement with respect to quality and price.
Typical challenges for our customers are the shortage of experienced personnel, managing the complex spare parts supply chain, internal company restrictions and government tax, customs and cross-border regulations.
In today’s world, the optimization of spare parts inventory is imperative in order to reduce high capital expenditure and minimize the risk of temporary shutdowns as a result of spare parts not being available.
- Identification and analysis of required stocks Assessment of warehouse and spare parts condition
- Criticality analysis (lead time, quality, shutdown cost)
- Economic cost benefit analysis
- Procurement of spare parts (e.g. supply chain management, identification of suppliers, market price)
- Recommendations (e.g. stock levels), reporting conclusions
- Less capital expenditure
- Higher plant availability
- Procurement advantage due to critical mass / special tk discount rate
- Economical logistics through world-wide service experience