Polyol plants for high-value products – modular and highly efficient
thyssenkrupp polyol technology is based on our state-of-the-art alkoxylation technology, designed in easy to install modules. You can produce the full range of propylene oxide (PO) and ethylene oxide (EO) homo-polymers, as well as block and random co-polymers.
Our polyol grades include:
- Flexible (Homo, Random and Capped) with glycerol initiator, to MW6000
- Rigid with Sorbitol, Sucrose, Glycerol and Amine initiators
- Poly Propylene Glycols (PPG) typical to MW8000 and higher for CASE applications (coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers)
From first idea to full EPC project execution – all from one hand
The polyol licensing, technology and project delivery organizations are all integrated at our R&D Centre in Rayong, Thailand, where we conduct product development, technology innovations, product analyses, and test runs to support performance guarantees. These R&D services are available to our customers, including training of personnel.
Our project services cover all phases from Research & Development through EPC Delivery and Commercial Operation. We ensure the know-how from all project phases is included in an optimal facility design and project delivery package.
The MOL polyol project
A recent example of our EPC competencies is the huge polyol project we are delivering for MOL, the petrochemical global player from Hungary.
Polyols from our Jet Reactor Technology – high yields, safe and easy operation
The licensed thyssenkrupp technologies – from key equipment to full process plants – are in operation all around the world. At the heart is our proprietary jet reactor, which is engineered for maximum performance, setting industry standards and ensuring a reliable operation with short cycle times.
- High product flexibility: short batch cycle times, quick changeover, wide product range
- High product quality: highly automated operation & cleaning between batches, minimized contaminations
- High yield: high feedstock efficiency, growth ratio up to 1:100
- Minimized energy consumption & emissions
- Safety by design
- Modular, standardized design for easy installation