The success story of thyssenkrupp in Egypt begins as long ago as 1854: at that time Krupp supplied a cast-iron propeller for the yacht of King Said Pascha. 1875 saw the opening of Krupp's first office in Cairo. With the construction of the first nitric-acid plant in Upper Egypt in 1958, UHDE made a name for itself in the field of plant engineering-an initital project soon to be followed by many others.
tkIS Egypt is one of the subsidiaries of thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions, which knows as a leading contractor for Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning of Lump Sum Turn Key chemical plants. tkIS-Egypt was founded in 2004 primarily to expand the local presence and establish closer relationship to the customers in Egypt, Middle East and North Africa. Its continuously growing work-force was mostly trained in Germany and currently numbers over 225 highly skilled employees.
The year 2014 marked a turning point in the history and development of tkIS Egypt. A complete new vision was set to develop the company from a small service/engineering company to local EPC hub, capable of executing small and medium size EPC projects. The vision was to transfer the office to be self-sufficient, financially independent. The transformation process touched not only the structure and organization of the company, but also the mindset of our employees. Now the company can be considered as one of the successful tkIS global hubs capable of executing small and medium size EPC jobs as well as supporting Mega EPC projects of our group.
Green ammonia in an early mega-project
“Green Ammonia” from hydropower as early as
1956: major contract for a nitrogenous fertilizer
plant at the Aswan Dam in Egypt – Uhde led the