The material used to construct approx. 80% of all piping and equipment in a chlor-alkali plant is GRP or lined GRP (glass-fibre-reinforced plastic). thyssenkrupp Chlorine Engineers’ integrated GRP concept is an essential part of its chlor-alkali expertise and is based on more than 30 years of plastics know-how and experience.
The integrated GRP concept includes a standard piping specification and accompanying support specification, standardized piping routing for recurring piping arrangements, a wealth of piping fabrication know-how, a pool of qualified, audited fabricators in Europe, and also acess to an excellent network of specialists. Our extensive piping know-how has been combined to yield the Uhde PipeTechTM system.
A long-life plastic piping system is crucial for high plant availability andlow maintenance costs. Uhde Pipe TechTM guarantees an optimum specification, fabrication and installation of plastic piping.
Uhde Pipe TechTM comprises the following items:
- Choice of appropriate piping material and design
- Quality management
- Delivery of prefabricated piping
- On-site length measurements and check of existing pipe supports
- Delivery of pipe supports
- Welding of field joints
- Erection supervision
- Support during restart of the plant
- Covers all aspects of piping replacement
- Single-point responsibility
- Higher plant availability
- Less repair cost (life cycle cost)